Bands of love Screensaver + a poem


"I led them with cords of kindness, 
with the bands of love, 
and I became to them as one 
who eases the yoke on their jaws, 
and I bent down to them and fed them.
(Hosea 11:4 ESV)

sometimes I feel
I'm coming loose
barely clinging to You
a little too much
distraction
immaturity
or plain exhaustion
poor in spirit
small of faith
in courage, a mewling kitten
beset by fears
vulnerable to snake whispers

are the ties that bind us only as tight
as the limp amateur knots I tie?
irresistible grace
now de-magnetized?

no, these bands of love
strong as your will
cords of kindness
strong as death
and raised up life
keep me in grateful bondage
my will to yours
my mustard seed faith
enough

"For I am sure that 
neither death nor life, 
nor angels nor rulers, 
nor things present nor things to come, 
nor powers, 
nor height nor depth, 
nor anything else in all creation, 
will be able to separate us from the love of God 
in Christ Jesus our Lord." 
Romans 8:38-39 ESV


You can get your screensaver (inspired by the above verses and poem) by clicking on the image below and saving to your device.

But before you go . . .

Let's play a little Q & A this month
For this month's "From the Mind of Mary" newsletter (a fun little letter for my subscribers where I share things I'm reading or learning), I'd like to do a little "Q & A with the Artist." Send me your questions (serious or fun, silly or deep, artsy or not) and I'll do my best to answer them! You can comment here or reply to mary@marydeandraws.com. Sign up HERE if you're not on the mailing list!




*I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! Use for Bible studies, church groups or events, and Sunday school classes are all fine! If you're in doubt, I'm happy to answer any questions. All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, thank you (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the PDF file. 



               

If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE!


No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.