Come + Luke 23:42-43 Bible coloring page (English + Spanish)

"Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David." (Isaiah 55:1-3 ESV)

You know what I am confident that Jesus has to say to you right now?

Come.

That's what I hear Him speaking to my heart these days, and it's the message all over Scripture.

Creator God walks through the garden in the cool of the day, a garden now spoiled for His creatures by their own rebellion. God comes walking, and His creatures hide, thinking their nakedness and rebellious hearts are hidden from His sight (Genesis 3:8-9).

We are hiders, aren't we? We are fearful of His presence and His glory. We are wary of the light because "men love darkness" and light exposes our evil hearts (John 3:19).

I myself have every excuse for not coming:

My prayer life is a wreck. And what devotional life? Where do I even start?
Come. Let’s talk. Learn from me.

My life is chaos. If it would just calm down, then I could come. 
Come. 
Come poor and needy.
Come weak and wavering.
Come failing and distracted.
Come thirsty and hungry.

God can't possibly speak into this situation. Surely, He can't be what I need right now.
Come to me. Find rest in ME (Matthew 11:28-29). I am the bread of life. I am the living water. I have the words of life that you need.

Even in his dying hours on the cross, the hours that paid our debt and set us free, Jesus was still saying, "Come."
"One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, "Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!" But the other rebuked him, saying, "Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong." And he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."" (Luke 23:39-43 ESV)

Two men next to my Jesus. One hid from his own sins and hurled hate. One admitted his need and came to Jesus for saving. 

Jesus did not equivocate or lecture in response to the asking. Jesus does not withhold Himself from those who ask:
"For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!" (Matthew 7:8-11 ESV)
"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16 ESV)
We can draw near to God with boldness and confidence because we know the greatness of the Savior and the finality of His work. Any hesitancy to draw near to God is on our part, not His.
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20 ESV)
The deceiver crafts intricate and deceiving lies tailored to our weaknesses to keep us from coming to Jesus. Father, reveal the truth to our hearts through your Spirit. 

Oh that we would know the breadth of God’s love for us. I love how this song captures this.



The thief crucified on Jesus' side could have thought of every excuse not to come to Jesus—too little, too late, too shameful, too much pain. But he humbled himself and simply came, and was taken in for eternity. 
"Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen." (Jude 1:24-25 ESV)
"The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price." (Rev 22:17 ESV)
Today's printable Bible verse coloring page is from some of these final words of Jesus on the cross in Luke 23:42-43. You can download your page HERE in English  or HERE in Spanish or by clicking on the images below.*



PRAYING the Word
Jesus, you are "the water of life without price." Ruin us for anything but your yourself. May we have "strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that [we] may be filled with all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:18-19 ESV). Thank you, thank you, that you are always knocking on our wayward and stubborn hearts, always saying come. Glorious Jesus, we love you. 

QUESTIONS to consider:
1. What lies keep you from coming to Jesus?
2. What truth does the pattern of Scripture have to say to you?



Other printables you could use for Lent/Good Friday/Easter:
THE MANDATUM NOVUM + LOVE ONE ANOTHER COLORING PAGE (for Maundy Thursday)
EASTER SCRIPTURE PRINTABLE COLORING ACTIVITY PAGE (Isaiah 53:6)

*I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! Use for Bible studies, church groups or events, and Sunday school classes are all fine! If you're in doubt, I'm happy to answer any questions. All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, you're awesome (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the PDF file. Thank you!!



If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE

No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.