Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow! + As a tree printable coloring page

Jeremiah 17:7-8 Bible verse coloring page

If you're an American like me and at all paying attention, you were probably up late last night watching the election results roll in--to your delight, dismay, or bewilderment depending on your point of view (and if you're grieving today, I'm truly sorry, and please take your time processing). 

(This reminds me of how there is a massive construction project carving up a whole hill down the street from our house--a new "luxury living" university student housing development called "The Retreat." We drive by often and my five-year-old says "Oh, look at the destruction!" My baby boy says, "WOW" to all the big diggers. The elderly man now living in a formerly quiet neighborhood just shakes his head. A lot depends on your point of view, I suppose, and I respect my friends and their real concerns on both sides.)  

We all put our hope in something or someone. Some event. Some goal. Some person. Some ideal.

If your hope isn't in a political party, maybe it's your particular brand of doing church. Or maybe your great hopes for your children or your career. Or maybe it's in a friendship or marriage or family.

In my experience, those things just don't deliver consistently.

My dad reminded me of this verse from Jeremiah this morning as we talked over last night's events: 

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit." (Jeremiah 17:7-8 ESV)

Spanish Bible verse coloring page


There is nothing and no one better, friends. Your leaders, your political party allegiances, your friends, your family, your spouse. They cannot be where you sink your roots. They are not an ever-flowing river. They do not drive out fear and anxiety.

"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'"" (John 7:38 ESV)

Whatever the "climate" where we're planted, we can bear fruit, fruit born of the fullness of the Spirit in us (Galatians 5:22Colossians 2:10--illustrated HERE). 

Yes, things will still hurt and disappoint and perplex us, but they don't have to capture us with fear, dry us up, or move us.

Let's sink our roots down deep friends and be "oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified" (Isaiah 61:3 ESV). 

Let's be known for clearly being "the Lord's," not the right's or left's, or in-between's. 

Today's printable Bible verse coloring page is from Jeremiah 17:7-8. You can download your page in Spanish HERE or in English HERE, or by clicking on the images below!*

You can get the full-color card (in a set) HERE or the card set in Spanish HERE


Jeremiah 17:7-8 Bible verse coloring page
PRAYING the Word
God, we are thirsty for you. We need a hope that is unchanging today. Help us put our trust and all our hope in You. Help us bear fruit to your glory. Help us be a light in our neighborhoods, our schools, our workplaces, our homes, our cities, and our nation(s). 

QUESTIONS to consider:
1. What kind of things have been "your trust," but have disappointed you?
2. How can you daily practice putting your trust in the LORD?
3. Are you fearful and anxious today? What clues are fear and anxiety sending you about where your hope is placed?


*I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! Use for Bible studies, church groups or events, and Sunday school classes are all fine! If you're in doubt, I'm happy to answer any questions. All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, you're awesome (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the PDF file. Thank you!!



If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE

4 comments

  1. Ooh, I like this, Mary. Good words about a good verse. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for providing these coloring pages. Though I don't seem to stay inside the lines a whole lot better than when I was young, I find much pleasure in coloring and I am more forgiving of the less-than-perfection of the completed projects. :-)
    A question: Would it be a reasonable request that you use the Jeremiah 17 picture and fill in some of the beginning words of Psalm 1? My mother chose Psalm 1 for the gravestone for my dad's (and now her) grave and it hods so much meaning to me. I have searched and found little other than yours, which seems a perfect scene already there. Surely, I am not the only one with a liking towards Psalm 1! Thank you for considering ~ M Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mary,
    Thank you for your beautiful art and though provoking words. May I use several of art images in a retreat booklet for our church's girls camp retreat. They will be given as devotional tools, not sold.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.