Artists I admire + my favorite free art you can gift this Christmas


I'm wrapping up my final blog posts of the year and getting ready to take December off from blogging and being a little business owner! 

I'm a little obsessed with art (if you haven't guessed). As soon as we bought our current home, I planned out what I would put on the walls. If I go to your house and you have blank walls, I will probably secretly plan out art to fill your space.

I spend a lot of time admiring other people's art on Etsy and Instagram and collecting my favorites, so I thought I'd share with you the artists whose work I admire. 


Taste in art is such a personal thing. I favor lots of bold color, florals, animals, and birds. I also love artists with a similar heart as mine who love to combine the Word and their unique creativity.


Here they are with links at the bottom for where you can find their art. Most offer prints of their original work, which makes them more affordable! 

favorite wall art prints and paintings

1. Carolyn Gavin Shop She specializing in a vintage-looking color palette of florals and cute little elephants.

2. PRINTSPIRING Beautiful watercolored floral and birds (she recently went through the whole alphabet). She sells only printables, so for $5 and the cost of printing, you can get some beautiful art on your walls! If you sign up for her mailing list, you can get a free print (and if you're like me, you love free stuff!).

3. Jaime Rovenstine Jaime does quirky and bold abstract painting with lots of pink (she also takes commissions). Most of her work is originals, but she sells a few prints (cheaper).

4. GraceLaced Shop Ruth Simmons is a talented painter (and mom to six boys!) with a heart for Scripture and the Gospel. She has a gift for communicating the Gospel both in words and art. 

5. Yao Cheng Design Her watercolors are just stunning (I favor the abstracts and bold florals). I got my sister a few of her prints a few years ago and they just make a room!

6. Wendy Brightbill, A Girl and Her Brush Shop I'm a big fan of Wendy's bright abstracts. She started painting while recovering from a traumatic brain injury and is so talented. Her calendar is a great deal (basically 12 prints for $25).

7. TushTush. I love her paintings of people and use of colors. 
  
8. Quiet Boy Studio. Patrick Laurent is another artist with a heart for illustrating Scripture in fun ways. I love his prints for kids. He also makes fun movie quote prints.

Of course, quality art is an investment in an artist's talents and giftings, but if you're looking for some simple and beautiful art that just happens to be FREE to download, I've compiled my favorites for you too (details below the image).


free art prints



A. "but first, coffee" minimal print

B. Psalm 138: 1 Bible verse floral print (comes in four different color palettes!)

C. You are deeply loved print from Emily at Jones Design Company


D. Do your little bitof good (Desmond Tutu quote) print


E. Love your story art print (by me along with a few others HERE!)


F.  Jeremiah 17:7-8 hand-lettered print from Laura Rennie Interiors + Sincerely Amy Designs


G. "They broke bread in their homes" (Acts quote) print from the Mountainview Cottage


H. Pretty butterfly print


I. Give thanks in all circumstances print from Ashlee Proffitt

Need another idea for a cost-saving gift? Why not print my free printable Bible verse coloring pages and make a coloring book for your favorite colorer (along with some fun colored pencils or markers)? My shop also carries mini coloring pages on some of the newer sets! 

free Bible verse art coloring pages

See, all that time on Pinterest wasn't wasted, was it? I hope those are helpful to you!




If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE

4 comments

  1. So pretty! Do you offer art consultations? I have a stack of stuff waiting to be hung.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! That's not something I do at this time (or think I'd be very good at anyway!), but my sister is an e-designer (all online) with the company Havenly if you'd like to try out her services! If you're interested, email me and I can send you her information. She's very talented and knows how to put a room together.

      Delete
    2. Mary, this is Mary Beth. Your post inspired me and I pulled my stack out last night. I found it funny that half of what I have to hang is kid art created in your CKC class. :)

      Delete
    3. Ahh, I didn't realize it was you friend! I'd come to your house and help you hang art, especially cute kid art!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.