on my Christmas wish list: books!

 

I just love books and how God uses them to change me. I have to admit I'm not always great at finishing them, but I have great expectations!

Here is a collection of books I'd like to read this coming year:


A. The Green Ember by SD Smith (comes highly recommended by the Read-Aloud Revival's Sarah Makenzie). This one is to read with the girls.

B. Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles that Can Radically Change your Family by Paul David Tripp (author of my favorite marriage book)




F. New Morning Mercies:  A Daily Gospel Devotional by Paul David Tripp (actually, I already bought this one and started! It's solid.)



I. John Adams by David McCulough (because I'm terrible at history)

Have you read any of these and do you recommend them?

Any good fiction recommendations to round out my list? I love books that take me away from the pace of my real life. It seems to help my anxiety. I read two classic Anthony Trollope novels (think very slow-cooker novel pace) this past year and enjoyed them. You can get some of them free for the Kindle on Amazon (and you don't need a Kindle to read them--you can download the Kindle app)! Or . . . just check your local library. 

If you're looking for a can't-put-this-book-down read, my friend, Sydney Betts, has written two novels set in Native American culture and they are FABULOUS, a breath of fresh air in the world of Christian fiction! She's working on publishing the third now, and I can't wait to read it. You can find them here.



If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE

5 comments

  1. I love Teaching from Rest and we all loved The Green Ember. If your Christmas wishes aren't fulfilled you are welcome to borrow either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay--thank you!! Yeah, books aren't very exciting to buy for people, but something they humor me. :)

      Delete
  2. I have read C, D, and I. All worth reading, and you may borrow C or D. I concur about Sydney's books. I love the title of H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks!! I woukd love to borrow them then (when I "finish" my current reading).

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.