He bears us up + Psalm 68:19 Phone Screensaver


We kicked off our summer this week, although my daughter is insistent (under her daddy's tutelage) that we can't call it summer until precisely June 21. I see it more of a fluid kind of thing, but we shall agree to disagree. 

I was expecting a feeling of freedom as the weight of educating my children was lifted (formally) for a season, but I wasn't expecting a kind of heaviness of spirit to settle in these last few days. Is it my old traveling companion, Depression, come to walk with me for a while again? Or maybe it's the sudden loss of structure to our days that has thrown me off. 

I'm prone to jump to conclusions and blame when I feel uncomfortable like this. If I had a different vocation, I'd be happier. 

Then the Holy Spirit reminds. Remember how that's His role (see previous post)?

He reminds me that my weaknesses would follow me whatever the situation. He reminds me that my weaknesses are under His faithful care and providence. That He is faithful to keep me tucked under His wing when I'd rather be soaring independent. That He is faithful to keep me just slightly crippled, so I don't trip up on my ever-bubbling pride (see Psalm 91:4 and 2 Corinthians 12;7-8).

He reminds me that instead of being ashamed of my weaknesses, I can boast in them because they become the venue for His supply (2 Corinthians 12:9).

I am reminded of God's patience with me, and His call for me to wait patiently for Him. His work is never hurried, but never too slow. A slow season where each hour feels burdensome and difficult can be a rich season of walking with Him.

(Card from the "Words of Life #2" printable set in the shop here)
A less productive season can be a season of letting the soil rest and grow rich in minerals for the next season of planting and harvesting.

God is faithful in His afflictions, we know that.
"I know, O LORD, that your rules are righteous, and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me." Psalm 119:75
I read this C.S. Lewis recently: "“We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.”

I don't know what this season hold for me. I may find tomorrow is lighter!

For today, I'm sharing this little screensaver from Psalm 68:19 to remind you that God's presence and love for you are DAILY. To get the image, just right click on the image below, save, and then set as your device's lock or home screen.






**I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, you're awesome (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the file. Thank you!!



If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE

No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.