the courage to wait + Psalm 27:14 Bible verse coloring page (Spanish + English)

As I wade through various circumstances in my life, this verse comes to mind, so I'm sharing this artwork with you today!

It takes courage to wait on the LORD to move in us, to move in others, and to move in our world. 
"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:3-6 ESV)
I recently started reading "How People Change" by Timothy S. Lane and Paul David Tripp (which has been great for my heart and which I got for free for my Kindle, along with a lot of other great Kindle books from David C. Cook ebooks, which you can sign up for HERE--which is a whole lot of "whiches," I now see).

Lane and Tripp write about the above verses in Philippians:
"No matter what you face today, you can be encouraged that God's good work continues in your life, even when you don't see . . . As you have that tough conversation with a friend, you can say to yourself, 'Christ is working right now to complete what he started in me. As you struggle with your finances, you can say to your spouse, 'We can get through this because Christ is working right now to complete what he has begun in us.' . . . do you see the problems through the eyes of Christ, with hope in his presence, his work, and his power to change you?"
(Scripture card from the "Graced Life" set in the Etsy shop)
That Jesus is at work in my mess gives me such hope, the kind of hope that helps me to "wait on the Lord; be of good courage, be strong; Yes, wait for the LORD" (Psalm 27:14).

PRAYING the Word
Give us the courage and strength to wait on you, Lord. Help us see our circumstances through your eyes, knowing that you are up to your good and glory in all things.

QUESTIONS to ask about the verses:
1. What is particularly hard for you to wait for right now?
2. Why does it take such courage to wait? 
3. How can you know when it's time to wait and when it's time to act?

Today's printable Bible verse coloring page is from Psalm 27:14! You can download your page in English here or in Spanish here, or by clicking on the images below!*



*I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, you're awesome (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the PDF file. Thank you!!



If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE! You'll also receive occasional news from my Etsy shop.

4 comments

  1. SO I found your blog when looking for scripture pages to color. I am so glad I did! It is so refreshing to find a blog that is so encouraging to my spiritual walk. I feel a breath of relief when I read the truths you blog about. There is so much evil in this world and it can get me down, but your blog reminds me who is in control and that I don't need to worry as much as I do. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so sweet!! Thank you for this comment. I love this about God's words and am so glad you are encouraged Carissa! ❤ Mary

      Delete
  2. I just came across you Spanish coloring sheets, thank you so much! I will use this one with a ladies Bible study tomorrow, here in Mexico. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear Debbie! You're welcome and many blessings :)
      Mary

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.