The promise is yours + Galatians 3:26 Bible Verse Coloring Page

the promise to Abraham Galatians 3:26 + 29 Bible verse coloring page
I had this idea for an illustration of some verses from Galatians 3, so I'm sharing the printable with you today! We are teaching through the story of God's promise, or covenant, to Abraham (Genesis 12, 15 & 17) in Sunday school, and also happen to be studying the New Testament's application of that promise in Galatians 3.
"for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise." Galatians 3:26-29
I love how the story of the Bible is intricately woven together in one cohesive story! And I love how theology, what I believe about God, is important for me right here, today.

See, the promise made to Abraham ever so many years ago is for us today through Jesus. It's a promise based not a cycle of works and blessings (as the law that came after Abraham through Moses did), but on the great promise of God to faithfully and intensely love His people and be their God.

All of this is ours through faith in Jesus. It's ours through laying aside us in repentance to embrace Him.

Works then become fruit of His transforming Spirit in us, not legalism. And because our relationship with God is based on an ancient promise, we can't shake it!

I don't know about you, but that changes everything for me and I'm still getting my head and heart around it.

PRAYING the Word
I pray that if you are Christ's, you would know the joy of being an "heir according to the promise." If you don't belong to Christ yet, I pray you would lay all aside for the "surpassing greatness of knowing Him" (Philippians 3:8).
"What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ." Philippians 3:8
QUESTIONS to ask about the verses:
1. How do we get to be children of God?
2. What did God promise to Abraham? (see Genesis 12, 15, 17)
3. How does Jesus fulfill God's promise to Abraham?
4. What's so great about being part of God's family and "heirs"?

You can download the coloring page here or by clicking the image below!
"You all are children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. If you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise"
*I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, you're awesome (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the PDF file. Thank you!!



If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE! You'll also receive occasional news from my Etsy shop.



No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.