He loved you first + 1 John 4:19 printable coloring page

"we love because He first loved us" 1 John 4:19

Some weeks, I think of about a million things to write. Other weeks it seems that I'm just "done" and have nothing to say. I try to simply ask God what I should write and draw, and then listen for the truths that encourage my (often) weary heart.

I read this the other day in a great little devotional, "Experiencing the Trinity" by Joe Thorn:
"To be moved by the love of Jesus is not the arousal of sentimentality. It doesn't mean you merely feel something in your heart. It means that your heart and will are bound together in joy and love, producing gospel obedience (Rom. 1:5). His love influences, leads, and controls. Perhaps the simplest reason your faith is small, your love is weak, and your obedience is sparse is because you have lost sight of the love of Jesus for you.
You don't fade in your love for Chris without first forgetting his love for you (Rev. 2:4). Do not lost sight of Christ's sacrificial affection for you. It is what saved you and what will sustain you, and it will strengthen you to live for him."
I think that I have nothing more to say until I let that one sink in. HIS. LOVE. FOR. YOU. There's nothing more encouraging that that.
"But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first." (Revelation 2:4)
He loved you first, friend, and there's nothing you can do about it! Today's printable coloring page is from 1 John 4:19.  You can download it here or by clicking on the image below (usage below*)!

"we love because He first loved us" 1 John 4:19

*I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, you're awesome (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the PDF file. Thank you!!



If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE! You'll also receive occasional news from my Etsy shop.

No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.