Even there + Psalm 139 Printable Coloring Page

Psalm 139:7-19 printable bible verse coloring page
I have written about fear before (here and here and here, and here), and here I am again.

We get into the car and I fear that we'll get into an accident. A friend of a friend has cancer. What if that happened to me? What if we go to war and my son gets drafted one day (currently reading a World War 1 novel)?

Little nagging fears, just sparks really.

As I write, a wildfire still burns over 10,000 acres in the Shenandoah National Park just beyond our beautiful valley. It was just a spark 10 days ago.

I know that fears have to be examined, have to be told the truth, have to be extinguished quickly before they become something more harmful.

What do you tell your fears? This is the verse I am thinking of today:
"Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me." Psalm 139:7-10
Even there, YOU are there.

The Psalmist is going into the ring with his fears, naming his "ifs" and proclaiming over them God's unchanging love and presence.

Even there, YOU are there.

I know this presence. He has been there in the darkest moments of my life when I've curled my body around a broken heart. Even there, God's right hand held me. Even when life felt confusing and disappointing. Even there, God has led me. Even when I literally settled on the "uppermost parts of the sea" in a foreign land, God was there.

Bottom line: God's presence is more real than our fears. What is more real to you today?

Today's printable Bible verse coloring page is from Psalm 139:7-10. You can download your page here or by clicking on the image below!*

PRAYING the Word
Thank you that Your presence is my constant. I pray that this truth would be louder than my fears. Assure my friends who are afraid today. Help me point others to the comfort only You give.

QUESTIONS to ask about the verses (and maybe the whole chapter 139):
1. What places does the writer imagine himself going?
2. What never changes wherever he goes?
3. How does the fact of God's presence, His Spirit, comfort you?

I have one more special something for you today! Cyndee at Women's Ministry Toolbox contacted me recently and asked if I'd create a printable Scripture card for her readers! I love when I can come alongside women and give them the visual tools to do the work God has called them to do, so I said yes! Below is the card we created. You can download it here, or click on the image below and you'll be taken to Cyndee's blog post! She's included lots of fun ideas about how to use these cards and others from my shop. What do you think of using it for mother's day??
Flower image courtesy Simply Embellished
*I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, you're awesome (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the PDF file. Thank you!!



If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE! You'll also receive occasional news from my Etsy shop.

Want more from Psalm 139? These cards are part of the "Dark Days" set in the Etsy shop!

No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.