Conversations with my three year old: Volume 2



More from my middle child (If you missed the first installment, you can check it out here):

. . .

Anna: "My little girl needs to be feeded. She likes her mommy's bottle." (And proceeds to sit on the rocking chair next to mine and nurse her baby just like mommy).

. . .

Anna: "What's that smell in the air? Oh, I forgot. It's my baby. She pooped in her diaper." (Three year olds love the word "poop.")

. . .

Anna: (Before bed.) "I need to blow my nose."
(Walks past the bathroom and goes downstairs, and then returns to bed. Daddy tucks her in and finds a play cell phone stuffed in her pants.)
Me: (After I recover from a fit of laughter) "Why did you need your phone?"
Anna: "I need to know the time." (Says the child that doesn't know her numbers).

. . .

Sarah (big sis): (Arguing over the toys the baby is playing with) "Anna, let him bang it himself!"
Anna: "I already ate!"

while Big Sis does homeschool
. . .

Anna: (Looking at Sarah's picture of a flamingo and noticing the bent foot) "That looks like a four!"
Me: (Very excited that she recognized the number four) "Great Anna!!!"
Anna: "Yeah. Four can be for elephant. No, elephant starts with "l" for "el."
It's a start . . .

. . .

Anna: (holding her paper plate in the back seat of the car) "This looks like a drive thingy."
Me: (seizing a teachable moment) "You mean a steering wheel."
Anna: "No."
Me: "That's what it's called."
Anna: "No. That's not what it is"


 . . .

Me: "Anna, you need to eat one more thing for breakfast--a banana, yogurt . . . "
Anna: "I'll have a cookie."

. . .

Anna: "I hear footprints up in the house."

. . .

Anna: "Sarah gave me hanitizer" (hand sanitizer).

. . .

(After watching the woodpecker episode on Wild Kratts and poking her brother's head repeatedly with her finger)
Anna: "My hand was like a woodpecker!"
Me: "Anna, if you want to poke something, poke wood, not your brother's head."

. . .

While playing outside at a friend's house:
Anna: "Mom, my pants are wet."
Me: "That's okay. We can change them when we get home."
Anna: "I fell in some water."
. . . pause while I observe said pants.
Me: "Anna, did you pee your pants?!"
Anna: "Yes."

Spring means the mud kitchen is open again!



You can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE! You'll also receive news of any specials and deals in my Etsy shop.

No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.