The truth about neediness

I've felt needy for a long time now. Not on my spiritual A-game. On my last nerve with my children for months. Tired. And right now--very pregnant and waiting. 

I was thinking this morning that feeling needy is actually closer to the truth of who we are than other feeling. Pride, feeling like we have it together, independence--these are the things that led to our fall as humans in the first place.

What is the truth about us? 

“‘In him we live and move and have our being" Acts 17:28  
There is no being apart from Him. We breathe Him in and out, whether we glorify Him in this breathing or not. 

"Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2
Our faith if founded and perfected by our Jesus, not us. He authors the very faith we possess and brings it to completion in our lives. The cross itself blares the truth about us--we are so wicked apart from Him, it took His death to cleanse us and make us acceptable to Him.

"And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1:17
The very atoms that make up our bodies are held together by Him.  



If I understand these truths, why would I ever feel anything but needy for Him? 

Jesus, keep me in the truth. Keep me needing you for every breath.

I like this version of "I need thee every hour."





No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.