Plant Peace James 3:17-18 Coloring page and Screensaver

I've been thinking on these verses for months now. They nudge me, convict me, and give me a vision for how to navigate a divisive political and religious landscape here in the US, a landscape that desperately needs the work of peacemakers.
"But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." (James 3:17-18 ESV)
These verses tell me that peacemaking isn't a passive work. It's more like farming than hand-holding. I'm not a farmer, or even a good gardener, but I know it takes a lot of effort, care, patience, and oversight.

In the same way, peace is wrought from the resistant soil of injustice and oppression and contention.

Making peace is fervently praying for God's Kingdom to come and God's rightness to reign. It's not of this world, so naturally, it doesn't into a particular political agenda.

Peacemakers don't please everyone. Even Jesus didn't do that. Peacemakers are friends of God, first and foremost (James 4:4).

Even when they confront, peacemakers honor the image of God in all people without partiality.

Peacemakers don't assume they're always right, so they can listen patiently. They also know they need God's mercy just as much as anyone else, so they're quick to give it.

Peacemakers know the story they are a part of and how it ends. The Kingdom of God is an ever-present reality.

Father, give me wisdom that is pure, peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. I pray that I would be a planter of peace in all the places I go today.  

You can download the coloring page HERE  or by clicking on the image below, and the screensaver by clicking on the image below and saving it to your phone.

Look for a second blog post coming to you later this week introducing you to one of my favorite peacemakers! 






*I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! Use for Bible studies, church groups or events, school, and Sunday school classes are all fine! If you're in doubt, I'm happy to answer any questions. All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, thank you (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the PDF file. 


               

If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE!


No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.