The comforted comfort + 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 printable coloring page

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort." (2 Corinthians 1:3-7 ESV)

Have you ever struggled so much that you felt like all you were left grasping were sooty ashes? Nothing good can come from this.

You might say with the Psalmist: "How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?" (Psalms 13:2 ESV)

Sometimes suffering is just suffering, the same suffering our Savior experienced, and there may never be a clear resolution in our hearts. But I find two sure things about suffering in the 2 Corinthians passage above:

1. You will be abundantly comforted by God, the Father of mercy and the God who draws near to you.

2. Our comfort nets the ability to comfort others with the same comfort we have received from God.

Suffering shared with Christ = Comfort shared with Christ

These truths give me great hope and joy today!

Today's printable Bible verse coloring page is from 2 Corinthians 1:3-4. You can download your page HERE or by clicking on the image below!*



PRAYING the Word
Jesus, comfort me in my affliction today. Make me a comforter with the same comfort you give me. 

QUESTIONS to consider:
1. What makes a person a good comforter?
2. In what ways has God comforted you in your suffering?


*I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! Use for Bible studies, church groups or events, and Sunday school classes are all fine! If you're in doubt, I'm happy to answer any questions. All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, you're awesome (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the PDF file. Thank you!!



If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE

2 comments

  1. Mary~
    I was more than happy to see your application of these very meaningful-to-my heart verses. In 1998, I had breast cancer and these verses made such a disease make sense to me! I knew I could use what I learned to help others in the future, and God has blessed me to be able to do so. At the time, I claimed 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 as "mine" but told friends I'd share. :-) Oh, and I have been able to share with many!
    When I saw your color page, my heart felt an extra special happiness, and then came the coup de gras: the tulips. Tulips are the flowers used to represent Parkinson's disease for which they add a particular connection as well.
    Thank you for sharing your talent in such a manner. It is truly a joy-bringer.
    In response to each of your above questions 1 and 2, it seems to me that living through a difficulty is one of the best schools of learning, though seldom the most pleasant.
    Marilyn Sue Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marilyn!

      I love reading your story here and how this verse has meant so much to you. What a story! I love that the art blessed you--even the tulips. God is so good and attentive to us.

      Thank you for the sharing and blessings. :)

      Mary

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.