Willing to wait + Proverbs 20:24 Bible Verse Coloring Page

Proverbs 20:24 Bible verse coloring page from Marydean Draws

"A man's steps are from the Lord;how then can man understand his way?" Proverbs 20:24

I used to use this verse sometimes in college to reply when people asked me, “What are you going to do when you graduate?”

I wonder why we assume we should should know what we're doing after college and beyond? We assume we should know the ministry God has for us. We should know how we should school our children.

I'm not against planning or goal-setting; both can be the Lord's leading. But I wonder if God isn't asking us to sit with a lot more "I don't knows" than we're comfortable with?

I think we're big on making plans and having goals, but not on waiting on the LORD. At church we have been talking about how the first instruction to the disciples in the book of Acts was to wait on the coming power and presence of the Holy Spirit.
"And while staying with them he [Jesus] ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” Acts 1:4-5 (ESV)
I wonder if not always knowing where we're going might by a natural by-product of following Jesus and walking in the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16)?

People often ask me, "How long do you think you'll homeschool?" I always say that I really don't know, and that I will pray about it each year. I often feel awkward answering this way, the inner critic in my head telling me that I should really be a better planner, more decisive, more on top of my life. And maybe I should, or . . .

Maybe I need to care most about what Jesus would say, and continue to do what He has led me to do until He leads differently. Maybe I need to lean in most on the power and presence of the Holy Spirit in my life and not my own abilities or plans.

Today's printable Bible verse coloring page is from Proverbs 20:24. You can download your page by clicking on the images below (one in English, one in Spanish, and one blank for other languages)!*



PRAYING the Word
Jesus, forgive my self-reliance and need to control. Help me know myself well enough to know that I am an unreliable guide. Help me humbly and patiently allow you to lead me today wherever you would. Teach me to wait on you.

QUESTIONS to consider:
1. What are you asking God’s leading for today?
2. Are you content to wait as He leads in His timing?
3. What encouragement do you find in this Scripture today?


*I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! Use for Bible studies, church groups or events, and Sunday school classes are all fine! If you're in doubt, I'm happy to answer any questions. All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, you're awesome (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the PDF file. Thank you!!



If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE

No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.