Heard around Here Volume 5 + Summer plans


Hello friends! We are done with school and are busy playing the days away here! If my blogging gets somewhat inconsistent, you'll know why. 

Every once in a while I like to do a "heard around here" blog post. I jot down funny things my kids say (most coming from my now-five-year-old Anna), so here they are along with some glimpses into our family life.


Me: Anna, put on some socks!
Anna: All I have is civil war socks!


Anna: Mommy, you need more spices in your life!


Anna: I opened my mouth so wide I saw my lungs!



Anna: I want to go to California for my birthday (she gets California and North Carolina mixed up).

Me: Why?
Anna: I want to go to the beach. 



Anna: So mom, what' minus one?
Me: Huh?


Sarah: [to Anna] Don't hold him [the baby]. Let him roam!
Anna: I don't even know what roam means!


Anna: Silas, your hands smell like water!


Sarah: [overheard while playing Legos] Selena, we're centaurs now! [They've been on a Narnia kick for a while.]


Sarah: Where's the birdie thingie? [badminton birdie]
Anna: Oh, check all around. In the trees . . . 
Me: Did you put it in the tree??
Anna: Mommy!
Me: Did you put it in the tree?
Anna: Yes.


Anna: So silk comes from these little worms and then they make the silk from the cocoon. And then they kill the worm . . . I don't want to be killed.


Anna: Well, what do you really want me to wear?
[Note: While I will veto outfits, I generally do not pick our my girls' clothing. This is for my sanity.]
Me: I don't care what you wear.
Anna: Well, I'm just going to wear something British.


Anna: Daddy's jacket is kind of puffy. He looks like a groundhog.


Sarah: Mom, when were you born?
Me: 1978.
Sarah: AD or BC?



Anna: [watching Sunday night football with daddy] This is fun watching golf.



Sarah: I need the rubber bands!
Me: No.
Sarah: But how will we turn into mermaids?? [they're fascinated by mermaids]
Me: I don't know. Figure it out!

True story: this tiny Lego wedding dress skirt has been
permanently confiscated for being the source of heated quarrels. 

Anna: I have a third baby.
Me: Oh really?
Anna: Well what do you call when you have one baby and then you have another?
Me: A second?
Anna: Yes, I have a second baby.








What are you up to this summer?




If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE! You'll also receive occasional news from my Etsy shop.

No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.