The secret place + Printable Shadow of your wings coloring page



My son, who is now one, is beginning to love little hiding places. When I take him into the bathroom with me (because that's what moms of curious walking one-year-olds must do, right?), he crawls into the empty cabinet under the sink and shuts the doors. Another favorite place is the space in the corner of our living room behind our Ikea lounge chair.

There's something comforting about being tucked into a secret place, unless you are claustrophobic like me, and start to hyperventilate if I have to crawl under a bed . . . but I digress.

I find there's a theme running through the Bible of the secret place where God delights to meet us. Yes, knowing God and worshipping God is a communal thing. I know God so much more as I experience Him with my community of people. But God is also intensely personal and longs to meet us, not a closet or a cupboard, but a space in our souls.

Here are some Scripture I think about:
Psalm 63:7 "Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings." 
Psalm 27:5 "For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock."
Psalm 31:20 "In the cover of your presence you hide them from the plots of men; you store them in your shelter from the strife of tongues."
Matthew 6:6 "But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."
And isn't that the point of our devotional life, to shut the door on everything going on around us, and meet with our loving and generous Father in the place where we are tucked up under His wings?

Don't you long for that? It's not an obligation or an item to be checked off. And I don't think it's something God shakes His head over if we miss (like I often imagine). He loves us. He longs to bring us in out of the harsh world for rest, to speak sweet truth and comfort to us.
Isaiah 30:15 "For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, “In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” But you were unwilling,"
So many times I have been "unwilling," but still He invites me in by His grace. And by His grace, He does the same for you, friend.

Here's today's printable coloring page (usage below*)! You can download it HERE or by clicking on the image below. This verse is one of a new set of "dark days" printable Scripture cards just added to my shop (see below).
 Psalm 63:7 Printable coloring page "Because you have been my help, therefore in the shadow of your wings I will rejoice."





 

*I'm so happy for you to enjoy my coloring pages and printables for your personal (not commercial) use! All artwork and photos are copyright Marydean Draws. If you share this, you're awesome (!), and as a courtesy,  please link back to this post and not the PDF file. Thank you!!


If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE! You'll also receive occasional news from my Etsy shop.


No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.