Projects, a dream, and a lesson from Samson

I've been able to work on some fun projects over the last few months, so I thought I'd share a few, and also an exciting one in the works!

I did this custom print for an adoptive family. The quote is by Fleur Conkling Heyliger.


Our church's women's retreat this year was about being "fearfully and wonderfully made." I created this image for our materials and promotions.


Friends of my sisters in Emerald Isle, NC are starting a cheesecake business. They loved the faithfully fed print that hangs in one of their bedrooms, and decided to use the phrase for the name of their cheesecake company! They asked if I'd work my bird drawing into a logo. I have only done a few logos and am still learning, but it was really fun to see their brand come together. We created both a round and a long version of their logo, and two secondary "ff" marks. They wanted something hand-drawn that reflects their homemade values. 

I love how it turned out, and hope it creates a solid piece of the foundation of their business. And I hear their cheesecakes are amazing, so make sure to check them out if you're in the area!


And this is what's in the works. 


With this set of printables, I am trying to choose Scriptures that span the Gospel story from Genesis to Revelation, and from Creation to Fall to Redemption to Restoration. There will be a card and a coloring page for each Scripture. 

I have a dream of putting fun, visual tools into the hands of all kinds of teachers out there--mamas, Bible study leaders, mentors, missionaries, Sunday school teachers--tools that will help you communicate who God is and all that He has done for us.  But please pray God will guide me and use my art however He wants. 

I don't want to take any steps without His strength, friends. My husband and I recently taught the story of Samson (we use the Gospel Story Curriculum) in Sunday school. For the first time I saw this story as one of a man blinded to his own pride. God had greatly gifted him with strength, but Sampson had forgotten its true source. In the end, he became so accustomed to functioning in (what he thought was) his own strength, that the Bible says God left Sampson and he didn't even notice (Judges 16:20). That was a pretty sobering thought for me. Would you notice if God withdrew Himself from you? 

Thanks for reading this random post!




If you like this, you can get these posts in your inbox by signing up HERE! You'll also receive occasional news from my Etsy shop.

No comments

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here! Your comment will be submitted for approval.